VAT Information Finland
- 24%VAT percentage high rate
- 14% and 10%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Finnish VAT registration threshold for distance sales: € 35.000
- Intrastat threshold in Finland:
- Arrivals € 600.000
- Dispatches € 600.000
Doing business in Finland: we will assist you with the Finnish VAT
Is your company based outside Finland and are you doing business in Finland, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Finland.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Finland. A Finnish VAT number has to be applied for at the Finnish Tax Office. After registration for Finnish VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Finnish turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Finland. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Finnish VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Finnish VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Finland from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Finland or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Finland (with Finnish Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Finland (including Finnish VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Finland.
- You are are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Finland and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Finland and you are reaching the threshold of € 35.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Finland from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Finland, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Finland? Or do you need to submit periodical Finnish VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Finland now!