VAT Information Greece
- 24%VAT percentage high rate
- 13% and 6%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Greek VAT registration threshold for distance sales: € 35.000
- Intrastat threshold in Greece:
- Arrivals € 150.000
- Dispatches € 90.000
Doing business in Greece: we will assist you with the Greek VAT
Is your company based outside Greece and are you doing business in Greece, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Greece.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Greece. A Greek VAT number has to be applied for at the Greek Tax Office. After registration for Greek VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Greek turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Greece. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Greek VAT returns in due time.
it is necessary to apply for a Greek VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Greece from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Greece or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Greece (with Greek Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Greece (including Greek VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Greece.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Greece and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Greece and you are reaching the threshold of € 35.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Greece from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Greece, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Greece? Or do you need to submit periodical Greek VAT returns?for a VAT registration number in Greece now!