Refund of Belgium VAT
Denomination for Belgium VAT: BTW (Belasting Toegevoegde Waarde) / TVA (Tax sure la Valeur Ajoutée)
- 21%VAT percentage high rate
- 21% and 6%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Deadline for reclaiming Belgium VAT for the year 2022 for companies based within the EU is 30 September 2023
- Deadline for reclaiming Belgium VAT for the year 2022 for companies based outside the EU is 30 September 2023
Reclaiming Belgium VAT (BTW/TVA)
Companies can reclaim the VAT paid in Belgium. Please send your Belgium tax invoices and receipts to our VAT specialists. Even when you think or hear that reclaiming is not possible. We will look at the possibilities for refund of the VAT paid in Belgium. So you will never miss a refunded Euro.
How can you check whether you have paid VAT in Belgium?
If you have paid VAT in Belgium, you can see this on the invoice where is indicated BTW/TVA (an abbreviation of belasting toegevoegde waarde/ tax sur la valeur ajoutée). The percentage indicated is 21%, 12% or 6%.
Refund of Belgium VAT, what should I think about?
Below you will find some examples:
- Car rental (50% refundable)
- Fuel (for passenger cars 50% refundable)
- Hotel accommodation by installation and/ or recharging
- Costs relating to seminars, conferences, meeting or congresses in Belgium
- Food, dinner, lunch by installation and/or recharging
- Purchase of materials for deliveries and/or installation
- Purchase of raw materials
- Purchase and delivery of goods
Example: You are selling a machine to a client in Belgium. A local subcontractor based in Belgium is installing this machine on your behalf. There is an installation delivery. The Belgium VAT paid (BTW/TVA on the invoice) for the installation costs is easily reclaimable through us.
Is your application for refund of Belgium VAT been rejected?
Let your rejected application for refund of Belgium VAT be reviewed by our VAT experts. Regularly invoices with Belgium VAT are rejected for refund. We are happy to review the denial decision for you. Often we still see possibilities to reclaim the rejected turnover tax on your invoices.
Maximum refund of your VAT paid in Belgium
Submit all invoices and receipts of payments in Belgium. We will check and take care of the maximum refundable amount possible. Within a couple of days after receipt of your invoices, you will receive a confirmation indicating the maximum refundable VAT amount. You can follow your refund claim for repayment of Belgium VAT online on our portal.
- Deadline for reclaiming Belgium VAT for the year 2022 for companies is 30 September 2023
- Deadline for reclaiming Belgium VAT for the year 2022 for companies is 30 June 2023