Refund of VAT in Poland
VAT in Poland is named: VAT/PTU, Podatek od Towarow i Uslug
- 23%VAT percentage high rate
- 8% and 5%VAT percentage reduced and low rates
- Deadline for reclaiming Polish VAT for the year 2021 for companies based within the EU 30 September 2022
- Deadline for reclaiming Polish VAT for the year 2021 for companies based outside the EU based on reciprocity is 30 September 2022
Reclaiming Polish VAT (VAT/PTU)
Companies can reclaim the VAT paid in Poland. Please send your Polish tax invoices and receipts to our VAT specialists. Even when you think or hear that reclaiming is not possible. We will look at the possibilities for refund of the VAT paid in Poland. So you will never miss a refund.
How can you check if you have paid VAT in Poland?
If you have paid VAT in Poland, you can see this on the invoice where is indicated VAT/PTU (an abbreviation of Podatek od Towarow i Uslug). The percentage indicated is 23% (high rate), 8% or 5% (low rate).
Refund of Polish VAT, what should I think about?
Refund of the VAT paid in Poland is possible for the following items:
- Car rental and/or fuel
- Costs relating to seminars, conferences, meeting or congresses in Poland
- Purchase of materials for deliveries and/or installation
- Purchase of raw materials
- Purchase and delivery of goods
Example: You are selling a machine to a client in Poland. A local subcontractor based in Poland is installing this machine on your behalf. There is an installation delivery. The Polish VAT paid (VAT/PTU on the invoice) for the installation costs is easily reclaimable through us.
Has your application for refund of Polish VAT been rejected?
Let your rejected application for refund of Polish VAT be reviewed by our VAT experts. Regularly invoices with Polish VAT are rejected for refund. We are happy to review the denial decision for you. Often we still see possibilities to reclaim the rejected turnover tax on your invoices.
Maximum refund of your VAT paid in Poland
Submit all invoices paid in Poland. We will check and take care of the maximum refundable amount possible. Within a couple of days after receipt of your invoices, you will receive a confirmation indicating the maximum refundable VAT amount. You can follow your refund claim for repayment of Polish VAT online on our portal.
- Deadline for reclaiming Polish VAT for the year 2021 for companies is 30 September 2022
- Deadline for reclaiming Polish VAT for the year 2021 for companies is 30 June 2022