VAT Information France
- 20%VAT percentage high rate
- 10%, 5,5% and 2,1%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Registration threshold for distance sales: € 35.000
- Intrastat threshold in France:
- Arrivals € 460.000
- Dispatches € 460.000
Doing business in France: we will assist you with the French VAT
Is your company not based in France but your company is trading in France, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in France. You need a VAT registration in case of a VAT liability in France. The French Tax office issues French VAT numbers. After applying for a French VAT number, periodical VAT returns for the French turnover have to be submitted.
Our VAT experts from InterVAT know all rules and legislation when you are trading in France. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the French VAT returns in due time.
When do I need a French VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in France from a non-EU country (e.g. China or Turkey). And you are delivering these goods in France or in another EU country.
- You buy goods in France (and pay French VAT), subsequently you deliver these goods to a company within France or to other EU countries or you export the goods outside the European Union.
- You buy goods om France (including French VAT) and you resell the goods in France to consumers.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in France and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in France and you are reaching the threshold of € 35.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to or from France to or from another EU country. Transfer of own goods. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales or fictive EC acquisition.
We will check if you have a VAT liability in France, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax). Besides we will take care of the set up of the French VAT payments system with direct debt.
Do you need a VAT registration number in France? Or do you need to submit periodical French VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number or VAT return in France!