Refund of German VAT
German denomination for German VAT: MwSt, Mehrwertsteuer, Umsatzsteuer, USt
- 19%VAT percentage high rate
- 7%VAT percentage reduced rate
- Deadline for reclaiming German VAT for the year 2019 for companies based within the EU is 30 September 2020
- Deadline for reclaiming German VAT for the year 2019 for companies based outside the EU based on reciprocity is 30 June 2020
Reclaiming German VAT (MwSt)
Companies can reclaim the VAT paid in Germany. Please send your German tax invoices and receipts to our VAT specialists. Even when you think or hear that reclaiming is not possible. We will look at the possibilities for refund of the VAT paid in Germany. So you will never miss a refunded Euro.
How can you know whether you have paid VAT in Germany?
If you have paid VAT in Germany, you can see this on the invoice that there is indicated Mehrwertsteuer (abbreviated MwSt) or Umsatzsteuer (abbreviated USt). The percentage indicated is 19% or 7%.
Refund of German VAT, what should I think about?
Refund of the VAT paid in Germany is possible for the following items:
- Car rental
- Purchase of materials for installation
- Purchase of raw materials
- Costs relating to seminars, conferences, meeting or congresses
- Food, drinks, lunch, dinner
- Purchase and delivery
Example: You are selling a machine to a client in Germany. A local subcontractor based in Germany is installing this machine on your behalf. It concerns an installation delivery. The German VAT paid (MwSt or USt on the invoice) for the installation costs is easily reclaimable through InterVAT.
Your application for refund of German VAT has been rejected by the German Tax Office?
Let your rejected application for refund of German VAT be reviewed by our VAT experts. Regularly invoices with German value added tax are rejected for refund. We are happy to review the denial decision for you. Often we still see possibilities to reclaim the rejected turnover tax on your invoices.
Maximum refund of your VAT paid in Germany
Send to InterVAT all invoices and receipts of payments in Germany . Our VAT experts will check and take care of the maximum refundable amount possible. Within a couple of days after receipt of your invoices, you will receive a confirmation indicating the maximum refundable VAT amount. You can follow your refund claim for repayment of German VAT online on our portal.
- Deadline for reclaiming German VAT for the year 2019 for companies is 30 September 2020
- Deadline for reclaiming German VAT for the year 2019 for companies is 30 June 2020