Information Belgium VAT
- 21%VAT percentage high rate
- 21% and 6%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Registration threshold for distance sales: € 35.000
- Intrastat threshold in Belgium:
- Arrivals € 1.500.000
- Dispatches € 1.000.000
Doing business in Belgium: we will assist you with the Belgium VAT
Is your company based outside Belgium and are you doing business in Belgium, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Belgium.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Belgium. A Belgium VAT number has to be applied for at the Belgium Tax Office. After registration for Belgium VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Belgium turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Belgium. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Belgium VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Belgium VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Belgium from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Belgium or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Belgium (with Belgium Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Belgium (including Belgium VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Belgium.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Belgium and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Belgium and you are reaching the threshold of € 35.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to or from Belgium to or from another EU country. Transfer of own goods. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales or fictive EC acquisition.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Belgium, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Belgium? Or do you need to submit periodical Belgium VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Belgium now!