Refund of French VAT
Denomination for French VAT:TVA, tax sur la valeur ajoutée
- 20%VAT percentage high rate
- 10%, 5,5% and 2,1%VAT percentage reduced and low rates
- Deadline for reclaiming French VAT for the year 2021 for companies based within the EU is 30 September 2022
- Deadline for reclaiming French VAT for the year 2021 for companies based outside the EU based is 30 June 2022
Refund of French VAT (TVA)
Are you trading in France, then you can apply for a refund of the French VAT paid. Send you French invoices to InterVAT. Even when you think or hear that reclaiming is not possible. We will look at the possibilities for refund of the VAT paid in France. So you will never miss a refunded Euro.
How can you check whether you have paid Value added tax in France?
If you have paid VAT in France , it can be seen on the text TVA (or tax sur la valeur ajoutée) on the invoice. The percentage indicated is 20% (high rate), 10%, 5,5% or 2,1% (reduced/low rates).
What should I know about reclaiming French VAT?
Refund of the French VAT paid is possible for among others the following items:
- Purchase of material for installation and delivery
- Purchase of raw materials
- Purchase and supply of goods
- Fuel (limited possibilities).
- Accommodation (limited possibilities)
- Costs relating to seminars, conferences, meeting or congresses in France
- Food, dinner, lunch
Example: You are selling a machine to a client in France. A local subcontractor based in France is installing this machine on your behalf. There is an installation delivery. The French VAT paid (TVA on the invoice) for the installation costs is easily reclaimable through InterVAT.
Is your application for refund of French VAT been rejected?
Let your rejected application for refund for French VAT be reviewed. Regularly invoices with French VAT are rejected for refund. We are happy to let our VAT experts review the denial decision for you. Often we still see possibilities to reclaim the rejected turnover tax on your invoices.
Maximum refund of your VAT paid in France
Submit all invoices paid in France. Our specialists will check and take care of the maximum refundable amount possible. Within a couple of days after receipt of your invoices, you will receive a confirmation indicating the maximum refundable VAT amount. You can follow your refund claim for repayment of French VAT online on our portal.
- Deadline for reclaiming French VAT for the year 2021 for companies is 30 September 2022
- Deadline for reclaiming French VAT for the year 2021 for companies is 30 June 2022