VAT Information Czech Republic
- 21%VAT percentage high rate
- 15% and 10%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Czech VAT registration threshold for distance sales: CZK 1.140.000
- Intrastat threshold in Czech Republic:
- Arrivals CZK 12.000.000
- Dispatches CZK 12.000.000
Doing business in Czech Republic: we will assist you with the Czech VAT
Is your company based outside Czech Republic and are you doing business in Czech Republic, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Czech Republic.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Czech Republic. A Czech VAT number has to be applied for at the Czech Tax Office. After registration for Czech VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Czech turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Czech Republic. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Czech VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Czech VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Czech Republic from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Czech Republic or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Czech Republic (with Czech Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Czech Republic (including Czech VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Czech Republic.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Czech Republic and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Czech Republic and you are reaching the threshold of CZK 1.140.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Czech Republic from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Czech Republic, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Czech Republic? Or do you need to submit periodical Czech VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Czech Republic now!