VAT Information England
- 20%VAT percentage high rate
- 5%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Intrastat threshold in Engeland:
- Arrivals € 1.500.000
- Dispatches € 250.000
Doing business in England: we will assist you with the UK VAT
Is your company based outside the UK and are you doing business in the UK, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in the UK.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in the United Kingdom. A UK VAT number has to be applied for at the British Tax Office. After registration for UK VAT, periodical VAT returns for theUK turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Great Britain. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the UK VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a UK VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in United Kingdom from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in United Kingdom or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in England (with UK Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in the UK (including UK VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in England.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in England and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in the UK.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
You are bringing your own goods over to the UK from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in the UK, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in England? Or do you need to submit periodical UK VAT returns?for a VAT registration number in United Kingdom now!