VAT Information Croatia
- 25%VAT percentage high rate
- 13% and 5%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Croatian VAT registration threshold for distance sales: HRK 270.000
- Intrastat threshold in Croatia:
- Arrivals HRK 2.200.000
- Dispatches HRK 1.200.000
Doing business in Croatia: we will assist you with the Croatian VAT
Is your company based outside Croatia and are you doing business in Croatia, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Croatia.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Croatia. A Croatian VAT number has to be applied for at the Croatian Tax Office. After registration for Croatian VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Croatian turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Croatia. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Croatian VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Croatian VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Croatia from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Croatia or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Croatia (with Croatian Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Croatia (including Croatian VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Croatia.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Croatia and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Croatia and you are reaching the threshold of HRK 270.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Croatia from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Croatia, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Croatia? Or do you need to submit periodical Croatian VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Croatia now!