VAT Information Denmark
- 25%VAT percentage high rate
- Intrastat threshold in Denmark:
- Arrivals DKK 6.700.000
- Dispatches DKK 5.000.000
Doing business in Denmark: we will assist you with the Danish VAT
Is your company based outside Denmark and are you doing business in Denmark, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Denmark.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Denmark. A Danish VAT number has to be applied for at the Danish Tax Office. After registration for Danish VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Danish turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Denmark. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Danish VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Danish VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Denmark from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Denmark or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Denmark (with Danish Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Denmark (including Danish VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Denmark.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Denmark and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Denmark.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Denmark from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Denmark, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Denmark? Or do you need to submit periodical Danish VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Denmark now!