VAT Information Ireland
- 23%VAT percentage high rate
- 13.5%, 9% of 4,8%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Intrastat threshold in Ireland:
- Arrivals € 500.000
- Dispatches € 635.000
Doing business in Ireland: we will assist you with the Irish VAT
Is your company based outside Ireland and are you doing business in Ireland, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Ireland.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Ireland. A Irish VAT number has to be applied for at the Irish Tax Office. After registration for Irish VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Irish turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Ireland. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Irish VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Irish VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Ireland from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Ireland or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Ireland (with Irish Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Ireland (including Irish VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Ireland.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Ireland and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Ireland.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Ireland from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Ireland, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Ireland? Or do you need to submit periodical Irish VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Ireland now!