VAT Information Italy
- 22%VAT percentage high rate
- 10%, 5% and 4%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Intrastat threshold in Italy:
- Arrivals € 0
- Dispatches € 0
Doing business in Italy: we will assist you with the Italian VAT
Is your company based outside Italy and are you doing business in Italy, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Italy.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Italy. A Italian VAT number has to be applied for at the Italian Tax Office. After registration for Italian VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Italian turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Italy. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Italian VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Italian VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Italy from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Italy or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Italy (with Italian Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Italy (including Italian VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Italy.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Italy and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Italy.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Italy from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Italy, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Italy? Or do you need to submit periodical Italian VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Italy now!