VAT Information Lithuania
- 21%VAT percentage high rate
- 9% and 5%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Lithuanian VAT registration threshold for distance sales: € 35.000
- Intrastat threshold in Lithuania:
- Arrivals € 250.000
- Dispatches € 150.000
Doing business in Lithuania: we will assist you with the Lithuanian VAT
Is your company based outside Lithuania and are you doing business in Lithuania, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Lithuania.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Lithuania. A Lithuanian VAT number has to be applied for at the Lithuanian Tax Office. After registration for Lithuanian VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Lithuanian turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Lithuania. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Lithuanian VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Lithuanian VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Lithuania from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Lithuania or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Lithuania (with Lithuanian Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Lithuania (including Lithuanian VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Lithuania.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Lithuania and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Lithuania and you are reaching the threshold of € 35.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Lithuania from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Lithuania, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Lithuania? Or do you need to submit periodical Lithuanian VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Lithuania now!