VAT Information Romania
- 19%VAT percentage high rate
- 9% and 5%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Romanian VAT registration threshold for distance sales: RON 118.000
- Intrastat threshold in Romania:
- Arrivals RON 900.000
- Dispatches RON 900.000
Doing business in Romania: we will assist you with the Romanian VAT
Is your company based outside Romania and are you doing business in Romania, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Romania.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Romania. A Romanian VAT number has to be applied for at the Romanian Tax Office. After registration for Romanian VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Romanian turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Romania. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Romanian VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Romanian VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Romania from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Romania or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Romania (with Romanian Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Romania (including Romanian VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Romania.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Romania and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Romania and you are reaching the threshold of RON 118.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Romania from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Romania, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Romania? Or do you need to submit periodical Romanian VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Romania now!