VAT Information Slovakia
- 20%VAT percentage high rate
- 10%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Intrastat threshold in Slovakia:
- Arrivals € 200.000
- Dispatches € 400.000
Doing business in Slovakia: we will assist you with the Slovakian VAT
Is your company based outside Slovakia and are you doing business in Slovakia, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Slovakia.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Slovakia. A Slovakian VAT number has to be applied for at the Slovakian Tax Office. After registration for Slovakian VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Slovakian turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Slovakia. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Slovakian VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Slovakian VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Slovakia from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Slovakia or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Slovakia (with Slovakian Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Slovakia (including Slovakian VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Slovakia.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Slovenia and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Slovakia.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Slovakia from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Slovakia, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Slovakia? Or do you need to submit periodical Slovakian VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Slovakia now!