VAT Information Slovenia
- 22%VAT percentage high rate
- 9.5%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Slovenian VAT registration threshold for distance sales: € 35.000
- Intrastat threshold in Slovenia:
- Arrivals € 140.000
- Dispatches € 220.000
Doing business in Slovenia: we will assist you with the Slovenian VAT
Is your company based outside Slovenia and are you doing business in Slovenia, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Slovenia.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Slovenia. A Slovenian VAT number has to be applied for at the Slovenian Tax Office. After registration for Slovenian VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Slovenian turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Slovenia. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Slovenian VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Slovenian VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Slovenia from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Slovenia or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Slovenia (with Slovenian Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Slovenia (including Slovenian VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Slovenia.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Slovenia and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Slovenia and you are reaching the threshold of € 35.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Slovenia from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Slovenia, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Slovenia? Or do you need to submit periodical Slovenian VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Slovenia now!