VAT Information Sweden
- 25%VAT percentage high rate
- 12% and 6%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Swedish VAT registration threshold for distance sales: SEK 320.000
- Intrastat threshold in Sweden:
- Arrivals SEK 9.000.000
- Dispatches SEK 4.500.000
Doing business in Romania: we will assist you with the Swedish VAT
Is your company based outside Sweden and are you doing business in Sweden, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Sweden.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Sweden. A Swedish VAT number has to be applied for at the Swedish Tax Office. After registration for Swedish VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Swedish turnover have to be submitted.
Our InterVAT specialists know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Sweden. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Swedish VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Swedish VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You are importing goods in Sweden from a country outside the European Union (e.g. from China or Turkey). Subsequently you are selling these goods in Sweden or in other EU countries.
- You buy goods in Sweden (with Swedish Value Added Tax) and you deliver these goods to customers in other EU countries or you are exporting these goods to customers based in countries outside the European Union.
- You buy goods in Sweden (including Swedish VAT) and subsequently you sell these goods to customers based in Sweden.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Sweden and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Sweden and you are reaching the threshold of SEK 320.000 for distance sales.
- You are selling online products via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to Sweden from another EU country. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales delivery.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Sweden, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Sweden? Or do you need to submit periodical Swedish VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Sweden now!